Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Birthday @ Cranberry Lane


Most folks know that I absolutely LOVE my birthday and this year marked a milestone of 35 years on this earth. So the festivities took place at our special new retreat, Cranberry Lane. The guys worked really hard to whip the renovations into shape so we could enjoy the house without tripping over skill saws and wood piles. The May garden was in full bloom and so were all of our fine Terrace friends. The hot tub was delivered, a new water pump installed and the BBQ set to feast on Skeena Salmon. Special guests, Friz and Natalie arrived in full force from Vancouver. We gathered up the groceries, pitched the tent, kicked up our heels and had a whale of a time.

This gathering gave me a glimpse into the future ... to turning long time dreams into reality. The potential for Cranberry Lane to evolve into a holistic creative centre complete with the enchanted forest, 'civilized' camping, garden fresh food, relaxing treatments, workshops and days filled with fun local activities. It is possible! And as I transition from ED of tourism and turn my focus to a more inward direction, I know that the Cranberry Retreat is poised to become a centre of rejuvenation amidst the coastal mountains and old growth rainforest. It is at 35 that I truly feel I am now working from the heart.

No comments: