Sunday, November 30, 2008

Back to nature

The past couple of days have been a whirlwind tour of north-west bc's tourism highlights. My long-time pals, Leila and Paul pulled a 'rockstar' and flew from Toronto to Terrace for a weekend visit. I was so excited to have them here for a few days of catching up, talking and laughing. These two amaze me ... animal lovers and 'binge-fitness' freaks, running the show of their highly-successful software company , Idee Inc. in the big city ... ahhhh TO, my old friend. Sometimes I miss the hustle and bustle of queen st ... the galleries, the people, the food, the stores but alas I am digging bc lifestyle... buckin' wood and walkin' around in rubber boots. It was neat to give them a taste of my new life:
  • A pot-luck with good friends talkin' backcountry skiing and avalanches
  • Driving to the Nass Valley for a rainy afternoon of Lava Bed vistas and coffee at Vetter Falls Lodge - Check out the new web site that my company, Digital Minds designed for the Nisga'a Commercial Group
  • An early morning hiatus to Smithers to ski and ride Hudson Bay Mountain on opening weekend
  • Lots of wine, cheese and knee slappers
Well, L & P left for home this afternoon but we still have Markie Mark, our good friend from Ontario staying with us at the studio for awhile. It's a tight squeeze as we have temporarily moved from Birch Ave. to the yoga studio while we complete the renovations on our new house, Cranberry Lane. Both Bob and I are enjoying Mark's chilled out vibes and this new room mate scenario. We are trying to convince him to stay for the winter and experience the true north-west. It's a toss up between Terrace and Brazil. Now what would you choose? I am keeping my fingers crossed but I think Terrace may just be in the lead. We are talking all kinds of fun ideas for the winter from lots of skiing and yoga, to fixing up the loft space above Totem Press and creating a multi-purpose artist/wellness studio, to writing and filming a documentary to playing around with all the printing equipment and making our own art projects. Sounds like a kid in a candy shop. Life is pretty sweet.

No comments: