Friday, November 14, 2008

Terrace Tomorrow


The last two weeks in Ontario have been wonderful. Spending quality time with mom and re-connecting ... going for long walks in Muskoka, evenings fires, heart to heart chats, home cooking and beautiful fall weather. Also had the opportunity to see a few dear friends and my feisty grandmother in St. Catharines. But alas ... I received news that my little baby 'Boots' has been missing for the past four weeks in Terrace. This has consumed my thoughts and impacted my ability to relax and enjoy. Constant images and tactics whirl about in my mind ... where could she be? in someone's home? in the forest? roaming about town? will she come back? will she respond to my voice? did she feel abandoned? how will i find her? will i become a crazy lost cat lady? Needless to say, my anxiety has surfaced and I feel terrible. I am witness to my attachment and the outcome of these negative emotions. I continue to tell myself to think positively and remain optimistic. These ideals give me strength to find my missing boots. Here I come Terrace ... I will be home tomorrow. I'll be the one with the cat tinker bell wandering the streets like the Pied Piper.

No comments: